Monday, September 6, 2010

Self Critique

"Sense of Place short film"
I started with an idea of a documentary style for my video. I've been told that I'm good at telling stories, so I thought that it could work well with this project. The main idea was for me to try and get my point across and understand my opinion on the topic "sense of place". I first shot a scene at the school building then a view of the park, then one of the neighborhood I live near and then my dorm room and finally back to the school. I thought the film was a good first try and that even though it might not be much, I've been able to make a point on it. Some thought the documentary was a good idea. I also just thought I did well with using the webcam for the first time. I understand that not much is happening in this one, but I know that because I didn't pick a good time to do the filming as well as too much repetition. I just need to work a little harder to get the material I want.
Doing this kind of work is easy once I learnt to do it right. It was a bit frustrating. One weakness I have is I'm a little nervous about film shots with people because I have a feeling that I'm really not suppose to do that without their permission or something. I don't mean to sound all nervous, I just want to make sure I'm doing my work the right and taking the right steps to do it. Plus I get sort of nervous when it's me on camera or my voice, but I need to get over that and be more self confident in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment